Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bryant's First Week Home

Here is a picture of us the day we brought Bryant home from NICU.




We were in the middle of burping him after his last bottle in the NICU. The nurse offered to take the photo on my blackberry, hence the fuzziness. What a day we will always remember.

A side note...my mom and I were in Bryant's room the night before (11/7) and I noticed a bug on the wall. I told my mom to stand up and see what kind it was and she said it was a ladybug and for us not to kill it because they bring good luck. So, we left it alone. Well, that was a good thing, because maybe that was our good luck charm or sign from God that Bryant would be home soon....and we brought him home the next day.

Would you know that the ladybug is still hanging out in his room...THANK YOU to all who prayed for him (and us)! God is so GOOD!




We have experienced so may WONDERFUL things...plenty of diaper changes (diaper genie has been emptied twice), cooos, laughs, smiles, frowns, dreams, spit ups, pees on himself and whoever is changing him, dirtied all over the changing table, sponge baths, sound a sleep days and sleepless nights. AND IT IS ALL SOOO WORTH IT!!!

Here are pictures from Bryant's first week at home:





Most of you know the story of Bryant's entrance into this world. But it is just so unbelievable I must capture it on the blog.

Nick was in California for work. He left Sunday afternoon, 10/25, and was to return Saturday morning, early, 10/31. I had been telling Bryant the week before that daddy was going out of town and he needed to wait until he returned home before he decided to come. So, I thought how great it would be if Michelle could come stay with me all week. It would be fun! The funny thing is...I didn't even formally ask her. I just said Nick was going to be out of town and she just offered to stay with me and I accepted, of course.

We made it all week and were convinced we had it made...that Bryant was not going to come early.

I took Michelle out for dinner Friday night (Outback, yummy! --- Michelle loves it!) as a thank you for keeping me company all week, but most of all for giving me and Nick peace of mind.

That night I didn't really feel anything out of ordinary, just what I thought were gas pains, along with some lower back pain and cramping here and there. It would just go away...plus I had these same feelings other days and I wasn't in pain so I didn't think anything of it.

2:00 a.m. on Saturday...I can feel myself coming out of sleep and was saying to myself that I needed to get up and go to the bathroom. So, I did and when I stood up.....Well, you know...my "water" broke (I'm going to call it water). I quickly changed and went down the hall to wake Michelle up. I opened the door and said, "Michelle." She said, "huuu." I said, "my water broke". She popped up out of bed....we both stood in the doorway in shock...can't remember very much detail from there, but we made it to the hospital. Michelle was by my side. I called Nick (once I knew he had landed --- he sent me his usual bb message, "just landed"). I called him and calmly told him that I was in labor and at Northside, not to speed, that I was ok and he had time. Nick arrived to the hospital (in an hour -- pretty sure he speed) and then my parents arrived and Michelle stayed.



Michelle came over Thursday night, 11/12, and brought over goodies my Spanx friends had prepared. I was very excited about the food, but mostly excited because she would get to hold Bryant for the first time. No one but me and Nick were able to hold him at the hospital.

Here is proud Aunt Pea with Bryant. She held him all night. LOVE, LOVE!

No comments: