He was all over the place during the ultrasound and even before. He started out upside down with his feet over his head. He moved around so much he wore himself out and fell asleep. It was funny!
This is Bradley's profile...
This was Bryant's profile...

It is obviously hard to tell in these pictures, but I have a feeling we are looking at two completely different looking (and acting) boys. I can't wait to find out!
In other news...
Bryant had his first speech therapy session today. The time went by so fast. This session wasn't very hands on as she wants B to get used to her being around. She will come once a week for the next 18 weeks. Same person, day and time for 18 weeks.
Today, she watched him eat, or I should say, not eat. He didn't want his pasta so he had some chips and a ton of fruit. Which re-confirmed that Bryant does need this oral motor therapy. Makes sense now why he likes things that are spicy and sour because those foods "wake up" his mouth.
For example, on Sunday, Bryant pulled the lemon juice concentrate from the fridge and wanted it so I let him taste it...he made a funny sour face, but asked for more. He liked it! I told this to the therapist today and she was speechless. She uses lemon juice in her oral motor therapy and most kids do not like it. Bryant will be an exception.
He learned the sign for "more" today and we will be learning some additional signs during this process. This weeks assignment is to incorporate the signs for "more", "all done" and "yes". Bryant never picked up on signing when he was younger so I just stopped doing it. I'm sure he would have picked up on it eventually had I been more persistent and consistent with it. He literally was signing "more" after doing it for 10 minutes. It was awesome!
We will also be doing some facial massage before meals to help stimulate or "wake up" the nerves in his mouth. Interesting...
More to report next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment